Wednesday, March 13
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers hold a Scrubs Sale from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the hospital lobby.
Thursday, March 14
• Torrington/Timken Retirees will meet at 6 p.m. at The Lighthouse in Pacolet.
• Lockhart Town Council meets at 7 p.m. New council members will be sworn in
Saturday, March 16
• The BPO Does Union Drove #148 will have a hot dog sale at the Union County Stadium from 8 a.m.-until. All proceeds will go to Does charities.
• Watercolorist Larry Mauldin conducts a “Watercolor Workshop” from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery on Main Street in Union. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union Lions Club holds a “March For Sight” from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Starting point for the march will be the Lions Building at 134 E. Main St., Union.
• The Bogansville UMC Relay For Life team holds its second annual Race With The Leprechauns For A Cure 5K/10K at the West Springs School House, Ball Field Road in Pauline. The entry fee is $20 until Feb. 17 (includes T-shirt); $25 day of run (no shirt); and $15 for groups of 10 or more (preregister only). For information contact Lee Gentry 864-494-3812.
Sunday, March 17
• The Union County Historical Society holds its quarterly meeting at 3 p.m. in the museum meeting room at 127 W. Main St. The rear entrance will be open for those wanting to avoid the stairs. Museum assistant Peter Triggiani will present a program on new virtual exhibits including old Union County postcards and old photos of places in Union County. For more information call the Museum at 864-429-5081.
• The Sims High School Class of 1963 meets at New Horizon Christian Church in Union at 5 p.m. Plans are being made to celebrate the 50th class reunion in September 2013. For more information contact Leslie Garner or Wade Hampton.
Monday, March 18
• Bonham FCL Club will meet at 11 a.m. at the Clemson Building.
• “Monday Night Music” is held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union. All musicians playing any type of music are invited to attend. The public is invited to listen for free. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Tuesday, March 19
• USC Union hosts a Criminal Record Expungement Clinic in the USC Union Auditorium from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. The clinic is free and open to the public. Eddie McConnell, Managing Attorney with SC Legal Assistance in Spartanburg, will go through the proper process and possible costs of having your criminal record expunged.
• UCAC’s “Tuesday Night Artists’ Group” meets at various locations from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Any artist working in any medium can attend. Call Shannon Farr at 864-251-3427 for more information.
Saturday, March 23
• The second annual Evening Easter Egg Scramble is held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Union County Fairgrounds. This free event, sponsored by the Union County Recreation Department and Woodmen of the World, will take place rain or shine. Festivities include photos with the Easter Bunny, Woodmen of the World’s Child ID Program, face painting and games, prizes and more. Concessions will be available. Each child should bring a basket. All children must be accompanied by an adult. The “scrambles” are divided into three categories: 1-3 years old, 4-7 years old, and 8-10 years old. One prize egg is hidden in each age group and the child who finds it is given an extra prize. For more information, contact Jessica at 864-429-1670 or visit www.unionscrec.com.
Sunday, March 24
• District Five Order of the Eastern Star holds their Annual Star Day Celebration at 3 p.m. at Foster Chapel Baptist Church in Jonesville. Guest speaker will be Sister Mary Ann Gist, GAD. Sister Daisy Wylie is Grand Supervising Deputy of District Five. The public is invited to attend.
Monday, March 25
• The Union County Democratic Party meets at 6 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal. Information on The Voter ID Law will be presented. The public is invited.
Tuesday, March 26
• The Union County Democratic Party attends the meeting of the Fairfield County Democratic Party at 6 p.m. at Christ Central Community Center, 235 S. Congress St., Winnsboro. Sen. Vincent Sheheen will be the special guest.
Friday, March 29
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers hold their annual Spring Bake Sale at 7 a.m. in the hospital lobby. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund.
Monday, April 1
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to Biltmore Farmer’s Market. The departure time is 8 a.m. from Wal Mart. For more information call Patty Morrison at 674-5167 or Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665.
Saturday, April 6
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 trip to Harrah Cherokee Casino departs at 9:15 a.m. from the old Wal Mart parking lot. Call Betsy at 864-674-6799 for more information if interesting in attending.
Sunday, April 7
• The Bethel United Methodist Church Relay For Life Team holds a “Relay For Life Dinner” at the church. Plates will be $8. The menu includes steak and gravy, fried chicken, rice and gravy, cream potatoes and gravy, green beans, Lima beans, macaroni pie, slaw, rolls, dessert, and tea. Contact Cindy at 427-7178 for more information.
Tuesday, April 9
• Union County Relay For Life holds a captain’s meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Tabernacle Baptist Church Family Life Center. For more information contact Event Chair Beth Lancaster at 426-3438 or Torance Inman at 426-0883.
Saturday, April 13
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to America’s Favorite Treasure Hunt in Atlanta, Ga. Departure is at 7 a.m. from the Wal Mart parking lot. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
Friday, May 10
• Union County Relay For Life is held at 7 p.m. at Union County Fairgrounds.
Thursday, May 16
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club travels to the Catawba Boat Dinner Cruise with departure from the Wal Mart parking lot at 9:30 a.m. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
Monday, June 3 and Tuesday, June 4
• The Union County Senior Citizens Club departs from the Wal Mart parking lot at 7 p.m. for a two-day, one-night trip to Charleston. Call Patty Morrison at 674-5167, Elaine Bentley at 674-5070 or Doris Faucett at 674-5665 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation Department will hold Youth Baseball Registration through March 22. The registration fee is $35 per participant. T-Ball is offered for 3-4 year olds and Coach Pitch is offered for 5-7 year olds. T-Ball participants should be 3 years old by Sept. 1, 2013 and Coach Pitch participants cannot turn 8 years old before Sept. 1, 2013. Birth Certificate and Proof of Medical Insurance required for registration. All fees must be paid at time of registration. Late registration will be held March 25-29 for an extra fee. Call Sam at (864) 429-1670 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation seeks coaches for T-Ball and Coach Pitch Baseball for its Youth Baseball League. Anyone interested in coaching should come by the recreation department at 111 Thomas St., Union, and fill out a volunteer application and a background check. Call Sam at (864) 429-1670 for more information
• “Painting with Coffee” meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium can attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• “America Goes For Broke” featuring paintings by nationally renowned artist Claude Buckley is on display at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery on Main Street in Union. The show runs through March 15. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union County Recreation Department is accepting new students for its After-School Program. Registration fee and weekly fees charged. Students ages 5-12 years old are picked up from Foster Park, Monarch and Buffalo Elementary, and Sims Middle School. We offer homework help, snack, and extra activities led by dedicated, experienced counselors. Call Jessica at 429-1670 or visit www.unionscrec.com for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are March 12, April 9, May 14, June 11, July 9, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
• The Austin Rehab Relay For Life team is raising money through three ongoing fundraisers: selling cookbooks for $10, selling short-sleeved T-shirts for $12 and long-sleeved T-shirts for $15, and $1 raffle tickets for a three-month fitness. The raffle drawing will be held May 13 at the center. For information contact Mandy at 429-3003.
• The Covenant Baptist Church Relay For Life Team holds a Sunday meal at the church as an ongoing fundraiser. For information contact Ponnee at 427-3102.
• The Union County Beekeepers Association offers a seven-week certified beekeeping class from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. each Tuesday. Registration is required. To register contact Celena Goings at 864-426-0720 or 674-5912. You can email her at email@example.com. Classes are held in the Clemson Extension classroom.
Items for our Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times for publication via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (864) 427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard, Union, S.C. 29379. Items will run on a space available basis.