UNION — The Union Hospital District Board of Trustees and Finance Committee meeting Thursday night began with the presentation of the December Award of Excellence.
Ed Bouknight, human resources director, and Ed Bolds, director of cardiopulmonary and radiology services, announced that the recipient of December’s Award of Excellence was Radiology Tech Sandra Brasington. Brasington has worked for the hospital for 22 years.
Bolds called Brasington a deserving recipient and pointed out that she is the tech leader of the hospital’s nuclear medicine service. Board members also received a handout with the following quotes from those who nominated Brasington:
• “Sandra exhibits a positive demeanor.”
• “She is very knowledgeable and effective with regard to her work responsibilities.”
• “Her work output is consistently high quality.”
• “She is a team oriented employee and will readily assist her co-workers.”
• “Sandra is a key employee in our department. She is a dependable employee with an excellent skills set.”
• “She is a kind and hard working employee.”
CEO Tim Merritt also presented display boards with information regarding the district’s medical staff, new additions, upgrades and various other services. The boards were created to be shown during the annual Tour of Homes and will now be displayed in Wallace Thomson Hospital. Merritt applauded Louellen Spears for creating the attractive and informative displays.
Staff Writer Derik Vanderford can be reached at 864-427-1234, ext. 29, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.