UNION — The Union County First Steps Partnership Board encourages the public to submit nominations for the Union County First Steps board of trustees. Nominees should live or be employed in Union County. There are 16 seats available in the following categories:
- Pre-kindergarten through primary educator (one vacancy)
- Family education, training and support provider (two vacancies)
- Childcare and early childhood development/education provider (two vacancies)
- Healthcare provider (one vacancy)
- Transportation provider (two vacancies)
- Non-profit organization that provides services to families and children (one vacancy)
- Faith community (two vacancies)
- Business community (two vacancies)
- Parents of a pre-school child being served by First Steps programs (one vacancy)
- Persons from early childhood education (four vacancies)
Nominees should have a commitment to the education, healthy development and well-being of young children ages birth to 6 years old. The Union County First Steps Board currently meets every other month and additional times as needed throughout the year.
Nomination forms are available from Union County First Steps or by calling (864) 429-1748 ext. 306. Nominations should be submitted to Union County First Steps Office, 120 Lakeside Drive, Union, SC 29379.
The deadline for nominations is Nov. 28, 2012.