Thursday, June 20
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s in Buffalo at 1 p.m.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 644 meets, starting with some edibles at 6:30 p.m., followed by the business meeting at 7 p.m. The meeting will again be at the Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park, Union. Business includes planning for a possible Veterans Picnic. The VVA meets on the third Thursday of the month, and Vietnam Era veterans interested in becoming members are always welcome as guests.
Friday, June 21
• Rebecca Penland Youth Workshop at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery on Main Street in Union from 9 a.m. until noon. Three-hour still life using pastels for ages 7-12. $15 for UCAC members and $20 for non-members. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Saturday, June 22
• Downtown Summer Music Fest held at the USC Union Gazebo. This is the second event in the four event series and begins at 11 a.m. The entertainment features “Hit-N-Run” and “Not Even Brothers.” Games and inflatable bounce house will be available for children. This is a free event. Vendors will also be selling food and other items. Contact the Recreation Department at 864-429-1670 or the Chamber of Commerce at 864-427-9039 for more information or to become a vendor.
Sunday, June 23
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 holds a class meeting at 5 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building. John H. Jeter, President.
Monday, June 24
• Union County Arts Council’s Youth Summer Art Camp with Katie Paschall. Students will be taught a variety of watercolor techniques during this week-long camp. The camp will run through June 28 and meet from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. The cost of the camp is $45 for UCAC members and $65 for non-members with a maximum number of 15 for campers ages 10-17. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union County Democratic Party will meet at 6 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building, 101 Sharpe Avenue. The meeting is open to the public. Ann Stevens, UCDP Chair.
Tuesday, June 25
• The Union County Senior Citizens meet at Mon Aetna Church’s social hall at 6 p.m. We will be serving hot dogs provided by the club. Bring a dessert or a drink. Entertainment will be by Gregg Manus.
Saturday, June 29
• “Betsy and Company” presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Saturday. Departing from Jonesville Municipal Building at 8:30 a.m. and the Old Walmart parking lot at 9 a.m. Proceeds go to the Relay for Life. Call 864-674-6799 for more information.
Sunday, June 30
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 will meet at 5 p.m. The location will be the Union Municipal Building. All members are asked to attend. Preparing for our 2013 Class Reunion. For additional information please call 864-674-6799.
Thursday, July 4
• Buffalo Community’s Annual 4th of July Party at the Pond will begin at 6 p.m. with music and vendors. Fireworks at dark. For more information please contact The Buffalo Community Festivals Committee at 864-426-4457.
• Union County’s Annual 4th of July Celebration, “Light Up The Lake,” takes place at Foster Park Lake beginning at 6:30 p.m. Family-friendly entertainment features “Prettier Than Matt.” Games and activities available for children. A flag retirement ceremony is planned for 8:30 p.m. and fireworks will follow. For more information contact Jessica at 864-429-1670.”
Saturday, Oct. 26
• The Union High School Class of 1993 holds its 20th reunion at 7 p.m. at River Chase Golf Club. Contact Mary Martin at email@example.com or 919-986-0163 for more details.
• The Union County Recreation Department is accepting campers for its summer camp program. A weekly fee is charged. Children ages 5-12 years old are invited to participate in new activities each week that are educational, active, and fun. Call Jessica at 864-429-1670 or visit www.unionscrec.com for more information.”
• “Painting with Coffee” meets from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium can attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are July 9, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
Items for Out & About can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Out & About, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.