UNION — Ten people have already been hired and four more will soon be hired through a Greenville-based job staffing firm’s ongoing efforts to recruit employees for a local company.
Kelly Services has held a total of three job recruitment events within the past month for Haemonetics at the SCWorks Union office.
The most recent recruitment event was Thursday and Kelly Services Recruiter Brian Stewart said Friday that 21 people applied including nine who are now going through the hiring process. Stewart said that since the first recruitment event in May, 10 applicants have been placed in jobs at Haemonetics. He said that another four are expected to be placed by the middle of next week.
Kelly Services will hold a fourth job recruitment event on behalf at Haemonetics on Thursday, June 19, at 12:45 p.m. The firm will be seeking applicants and processing for the following positions:
• Some manufacturing experience preferred.
• Having a stable work history will weigh favorably.
• Jobs could range from stacking racks, to filling IV bags, to packaging positions.
• Neither previous applicants nor former employees of Haemonetics should apply.
• Responsible for variable inspections.
• Meets daily production schedules and quality standards by following work and safety instructions and completes all necessary paper-work in order to track, log and monitor production activity; i.e., GMP paperwork, product documentation, inspection data and results .
• Prior to event all applicants must register at www.scworks.org and view the job order.
Come appropriately dressed for an interview.
Kelly Services represents more than 100 clients in the Upstate and Stewart said that anyone interested in working for Haemonetics or any of Kelly Services other clients should call its Greenville office at 864-292-2888.
The local Quality Inn will hold a job recruitment event at the Union SCWorks office on Tuesday, June 17, from 1-3 p.m. seeking applicants for the following part-time positions:
• Help maintain all hallways and public areas.
• Must be able to clean daily assigned rooming list to Choice Hotel Brand standards.
• Help wash, dry and fold linen.
• Works as a team participant along with the maintenance staff to ensure quality maintenance and safety standards set by the company.
• Take reservations by phone, check guest in and out of hotel, assist guest with other needs such as towels, directions, etc. Keep all public areas clean, set up and take down breakfast.
• Must have computer and basic phone skills.
• Prior to event all applicants must register at www.scworks.org and view job order.Order.
All applicants should come appropriately dressed for an interview.
Located at 103 W. Main St., Union the SCWorks office provides employers with space for job fairs and hiring events.
Over the past year a number of employers have made use of the facility including Quality Inn, the S.C. Department of Corrections, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, the Dollar General Distribution Center, VPS Convenience Stores, Ellen Sagar Nursing Home, Waffle House, Pizza Hut, and Resolute Forest Products as well as staffing agencies such as Kelly Services and Roper Staffing.
SCWorks also promotes these activities in the community and provides the companies and organizations with administrative services.
For more information about SCWorks and the services it provides call 864-427-4119.