Saturday, Feb. 1
• The Union Lions Club will be selling brooms at Jimmy’s Fresh Air Galaxy from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and at Belk from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. All proceeds go towards providing hearing and vision service and aids for those in need.
Sunday, Feb. 2
• The Union High School Class of 1974 meets at 2:30 p.m. in the upstairs conference room of the City of Union Municipal Building. For more information contact Barbara McCall-Crayne at 429-6219 or Tubo Owens at 426-2174 or Jessie Glenn at 427-8932.
Thursday, Feb. 6
• The Community Prayer Meeting will be held at noon at at the USC Union gazebo. All are invited to participate in a brief time of prayer for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. You do not have to pray out loud to participate. Just come and join in silently if you like. If you can’t be at the gazebo, set aside some time during the day to pray for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. All are welcome.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flat at 7 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 17
• The Bonham FCL meets at 11 a.m. at The Clemson Building.
• The Union County Recreation Department is seeking coaches for our Youth Sports Program. Anyone interested should come to the Recreation Department at 111 Thomas St. in Union to fill out an application. All qualified applicants will undergo a background check. For more information contact Sam Phipps at 864-429-1670.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.