Thursday, Dec. 19
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at 1:30 p.m. at Andy’s. Please bring a $5 gift.
• The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 644 will hold its special holiday meeting 6:30 p.m. Regular business will be put off until January 2014 as much as possible, with the emphasis on camaraderie and having a good time. There will also be a covered dish supper, with members being asked to please bring food to share. In addition to members, spouses and significant others are also invited. This special meeting will be in the regular location: The Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park, Union. The VVA meets there on the third Thursday of the month, and Vietnam Era veterans interested in becoming members are always welcome as guests.
Thursday, Dec. 19-Friday, Dec. 20
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers holds a $5 Jewelry and Gift Sale on Thursday, Dec. 19 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday, Dec. 20 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. in the hospital lobby. Cash, check, and debit/credit cards are accepted. Come finish your Christmas shopping and take advantage of the great prices.
• “Painting With Coffee” meets from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium may attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are Dec. 10.
• “Local Artist’s Showcase” featuring art and crafts from over 20 Union area artists will be on display at the Union County Arts Council through Dec. 31. Many unique items are on display and on sale that would make a special Christmas gift for that hard-to-please person. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.