Saturday, July 19
• The Union High School Class of 1974 celebrates their 40th reunion at Veteran’s Park starting at 7 p.m. Any class member needing information please contact Barbara McCall-Crayne at 429-6219. Admittance the night of the reunion will be $30 per person. We are looking forward to seeing all of our classmates there.
Sunday, July 20
• The Sims High School class of 1968 meets at 5 p.m. at the Union Municipal Building. All members are invited to attend.
Monday, July 21
• The Union County Arts Council will hold “Monday Night Music” from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Anyone wanting to play in this session should be at UCAC by 6:00 p.m. for a quick sound check. There will also be seating available for anyone wishing to stop by to listen. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, July 22
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at Mon Aetna Baptist Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. Bring finger foods for the meal. Jantzen and Arnold Childers will be doing the entertainment.
• Lockhart Town Council meets at 7 p.m. in the Lockhart Town Hall.
Saturday, July 26
• A Chinese Auction will be held at the Pacolet River Baptist Association Center, 108 Lovers Lane Road, Union. Drop tickets from 10-11:55 a.m. Auction noon-until. Hot dogs $1, soda 50 cents, and chips 50 cents. For tickets contact Annette McKanic (864-251-0183), Juanita Hill (864-429-8783), Savtri Parham (864-431-4148), and Valerie McKanic (864-426-5106). Come out and enjoy yourself. Several door prizes will be given.
Sunday, July 27
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 will hold a 50th class reunion meeting at the Union Municipal Building on Herndon Street. John H. Jeter, President.
Friday, Sept. 5-Saturday, Sept. 6
• The Sims High School Reunion and Village Children sponsors a trip to New Orleans. The trip will be two nights and a day with two guests per room. Participants will stay in a five star hotel and ride in a first class tour bus. For reservations call 803-924-9069.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.