Thursday, April 3
• The Community Prayer Meeting will be held at noon at the USC gazebo. All are invited to participate in a brief time of prayer for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. You do not have to pray out loud to participate. Just come and join in silently if you like. If you can’t be at the gazebo, set aside some time during the day to pray for our community, state, and nation, and for the Church. All are welcome.
Saturday, April 5
• Wells Fargo Bank holds a Yard Sale for Relay for Life from 8 a.m.-until at the Union County Stadium parking lot.
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• Union High School Class of 1984 meets at 12:30 p.m. at St. Paul Baptist Church to prepare for their 30th reunion.
• Autism Speaks and S.C. Autism hosts a Golf Tournament and Auction at Heddles Hideaway in Spartanburg. The Golf Tournament will be at 9 a.m. and the Auction at 1 p.m.
Tuesday, April 8
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, April 8-Wednesday, April 9
• Spring Break Tennis Camp will be held from 10 a.m.-noon, Tuesday and Wednesday at the Union County High School Tennis Courts. Call Brad Tate at 864-466-7100 for more information.
Saturday, April 12
• Blue Ridge Hospice holds “Family Fun Day” from noon-6 p.m. There will be hot dogs, a silent auction, singing, etc.
All proceeds will go to Relay For Life.
Monday, April 14
• The Bell South Pioneers meets at Andy’s at noon.
Thursday, April 17
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
Friday, April 18
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will be holding their annual Spring Bake Sale in the hospital lobby beginning at 7 am. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund.
Monday, April 21
• The Bonham FCL meets at the Clemson Extension Building at 11 a.m.
Monday, April 21-Tuesday, April 22
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers will have a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, April 21 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and Tuesday, April 22 from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Come find great gifts and books at affordable prices.
Saturday, April 26
• Dollar General hosts a Basketball Tournament with proceeds going to Relay For Life.
Saturday, May 3
• Junior Charity League is having another 5K at Timken Sports Complex. Registration is at 7:30 a.m. The race begins: 8:30 a.m. Registration forms can be picked up at YMCA and the Holcombe Funeral Home. For more information contact Sarah Holcombe at 426-6539.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.