Tuesday, Aug. 26
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. with finger food. Jenny and Kathy Gossett will be singing. We will hear about the trips for the fall and winter.
• Lockhart Town Council meets at 7 p.m. at the at Lockhart Town Hall.
Wednesday, Aug. 27
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors holds their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 Gadberry St. Lunch will be provided.
Thursday, Sept. 4
• The Union County Arts Council will hold “Jam With Lunch” from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. This acoustic jam session is open to all musicians playing any genre of music. There will also be seating available for anyone wishing to stop by to listen. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, Sept. 9
• The Union County Arts Council’s Writers’ Group will meet from 6-8 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. All established and beginning writers, along with anyone just curious about writing, are invited to attend. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Friday, Sept. 12-Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Union Lions Club participate in the Uniquely Union Festival with a Broom & Bake Sale on Friday from 1-6 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Lions Building on Main Street in Union.
• The Union County Arts Council, in conjunction with the Uniquely Union Festival, will be converted to the “UCAC Acoustic Café” featuring live music, cold soft drinks and free peanuts. The café will be open from noon-7 p.m. each day. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Carlisle Finishing Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. The Childers Group will entertain. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
Sunday, Sept. 14
• The Byrd & Etta Smith Ivey Family Reunion will be held at Tabernacle Baptist Church at 1 p.m. Bring tea and a well filled basket.
Monday, Sept. 15
• The Union County Arts Council will NOT hold “Monday Night Music” this month. “Monday Night Music” will return in October.
Thursday, Sept. 25
• The opening reception and awards ceremony for the Union County Arts Council’s 2014 Juried Art Show will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the USC-Union Main Building. Everyone in attendance will be have the opportunity to vote for the “Peoples’ Choice Award.” Refreshments will be served.
Friday, Sept, 26-Saturday, Sept. 27
• Todd Baxter will lead a Drawing Workshop at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery on Main Street in Union. The two-day workshop will begin at 9 a.m. and finish at 4 p.m. each day. Lunch will be provided both days. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.