Grease fire causes $15,000 damage


Firefighters confine damage to kitchen

By Charles Warner - cwarner@civitasmedia.com



UNION — An unattended pot of grease on a hot stove caused a fire that did $15,000 worth of damage to a house on Hill Top View Sunday afternoon.

Southside Fire Department Public Information Officer Roger Bailey said that his department was dispatched to 148 Hill Top View at 12:51 p.m. Sunday in response to a report of a structure fire. Bailey said that when firefighters arrived they found the kitchen of the house fully involved by the flames. He said firefighters spent a little over an hour extinguishing the fire and making sure it did not blaze back up before leaving the scene at 1:54 p.m.

Bailey said that the resident said that she’d had a pot of grease on the stove and left in for a minute and when she returned she found the kitchen in flames.

No one was injured, but Bailey said the fire did an estimated $15,000 worth of damage. He said that firefighters were able to confine the fire to the kitchen and save the rest of the house.

In addition to the Southside Fire Department, Bailey said that the Buffalo, Cross Keys, and Monarch fire departments also responded to the scene as did the Union County EMS and the Union County Sheriff’s Office.

http://uniondailytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/web1_Southside-Fire.jpg
Firefighters confine damage to kitchen

By Charles Warner

cwarner@civitasmedia.com

Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.

Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.

comments powered by Disqus