Thursday, Nov. 5
The Community Prayer Meeting will be observed at noon at the USC-Union gazebo. Please come and join with fellow citizens of Union County, and with others in other places as we pray for our country, our community, our state, and also for our world, and for the Church. Please pray for our military, our police, EMS personnel, and others who risk their lives to serve and protect us.
If you can’t get there, please take some time for special prayer during the day. All are welcome.
Saturday, Nov. 7
• The 6th annual Carolina Christmas Shop will be held from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Union County Fairgrounds. Vendor spots are still available. For more information, call (803) 924-3413 or email CarolinaChristmasShop@gmail.com.
• The American Legion Baseball Fish Fry Fundraiser will be held from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Arthur State Bank in Monarch. For more information, call Torance Inman at (864) 427-9039.
• The Union County Alzheimer’s Support Group will host the first countywide Alzheimer’s Awareness Walk, which will begin at 11:30 a.m. in the Grace United Methodist Church parking lot. The walk will begin at the church and continue to the Union County Courthouse and back to Grace UMC. In the event of rain, the walk will be rescheduled.
• The Union County Beekeepers Association will meet on Tuesday, November 3rd at 6:00 in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds. Light refreshments are served at 6:00 and program begins at 6:30pm. We will be discussing getting hives ready for winter and planning for next year. Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend.
Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Tuesday, Nov. 11
• The Sims High School Class of 1966 will have a business meeting at 6 p.m. at the Union Municipal Building on North Herndon Street. All members of the class are encouraged to attend to discuss business of importance. This will be the last meeting for 2015.
Saturday, Nov. 14
• Carlisle Finishing Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway BBQ for breakfast. There will be an election of officers. All members are urged to attend. Mike Hayes will entertain the group. All retirees and formers employees are welcome. For more information call 864-466-5276.
• The Union Civitan Club will hold the 3rd annual Illuminate the Lake 5K Run at 6 p.m. at Foster Park on Veterans Drive, Union.
• The Union Civitan Club will hold a Chicken Stew Fundraiser prepared by Tommy Sinclair from 4-8 p.m. for pick up at Foster Park on Veterans Drive, Union. Tickets will be sold in advance by Civitan members.
Saturday, Nov. 28
• The Union High School Class of 1985 holds their 30th reunion at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park. For more information please contact Howard Giles at 864-466-2090.
UCHS Teacher Cadets enjoy the Annual Winthrop College Day October 15, 2015 joining approximately 300 other cadets from the Upstate Region. Teacher Cadet is a dual-enrollment course at Union County High School in which students obtain 3 college credit hours through Winthrop University. The course is aimed at students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of education. Jeanie Malone is the instructor.
This year’s cadets include: Reid Bailey, Demarcus Booker, Alex Childers, Ty’keria Dawkins, Melody Farr, Lennah Farr, Abby French, Cheyenne Goldman, Caitlin Grant, Eric Guinn, Cassie Horne, Dexlie Inman, Shania Jeffries, Anna Kelly, Sydney Lawson, Peyton Martin, Morgan Petty, Cara Phillips, Madison Phipps, Lindsey Ratliff, Hannah Sailors, Mary Scarborough, Jessica Sowers, Kristopher Thompson, Tamara Wilkins, Jacob Winters.