UNION — The number of cars entered and on display may have been down because of the weather but that didn’t stop those attending Saturday’s Show-N-Shine Cruiser Car Show at the Union County Fairgrounds from having a fun time.
“We were a little disappointed at our numbers,” Show-N-Shine Cruiser Car Club member and show organizer Eddie Wayne Davis said Monday. “We’ve been running one hundred thirty, one hundred fifty, but this year because of the weather beforehand a lot of people stayed away. We had only 66 cars, that’s the lowest we’ve had in the sixteen years we’ve been doing this.”
Even though the number of cars entered in the show was down from previous years, Davis said the fun wasn’t.
“While the cars may not have came the fun did,” Davis said. “We had a lot of fun, a lot of food, and a lot of music.”
Davis said part of the fun was the show’s “Price Is Right Cash Game” in which the ladies attending the event were invited to come up on stage and try and guess the amount of cash in sealed envelopes. Those that guessed right won the contents of the envelope. Davis said each enveloped contained money in an amount like that of an important year for the show and the club. He said that one envelope, for instance, contained $20.16, the same number as the current year.
The main event, however, was the car show itself with judges deciding which of the 66 cars entered would receive the Top 50 prizes. The winners of this year’s Top 50 prizes and their winning cars are:
• Terry Ivey for his 1932 Ford Coupe.
• William Sherbert for his 1966 Chevy Chevelle.
• Norman R. Deaton for his 1966 Chevy Corvette.
• Jocelyn and David Davis for their 201 Mini Coupe Roadster.
• Phillip Waddell for his 2014 Chevy Corvette.
• Linda Emmons for her 1987 Chevy Corvette.
• Ricky Summer for his 1934 3-Window Coupe.
• Jeff Grizzle for his 1968 Chevy Nova.
• Michael H. Robinson for his 1965 Chevy C10
• Don Sisk for his 1940 Ford Deluxe.
• Lloyd D. Brittain for his 1937 Ford Slantback.
• James Henson for his 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup.
• Pat Littlejohn for his 1993 Ford Mustang.
• Pat Littlejohn for his 1955 Ford F100.
• Lynn West for his 1975 Chevy Camaro.
• Chris South for his 1973 Chevy Corvette.
• Wayne Garrison for his 1950 Ford Coupe.
• Francis Johnson for his 1955 Chevy-2 Door.
• Charlene Lewis for her 1969 Pontiac Firebird.
• Boyce Langley for his 1966 Plymouth Fury III.
• Doug Wessinger for his 1965 Chevy Chevelle SS.
• Butch Long for his 1972 Chevy Truck.
• Rowdy Gaines for his 2015 Chevy Corvette.
• John Toby for his 1969 Chevy Camaro.
• Ray Tucker for his 1980 Chevy Camaro.
• James R. Tesner Sr. for his 1963 Chevy Impala SS.
• Harvey Clubb for his 2004 Ford Mustang.
• Patsy and Danny Lee for their 2015 Chevy Camaro SS.
• Robert Burnett for his 1956 Plymouth Belvedere.
• Steve Fowler for his 2001 Ford Mustang.
• Corey Wheeler for his 2013 Chevy Camaro SS.
• Stacy Jenkins for her 1972 Chevy Nova.
• Hank and Nancy Bell for their 1934 Plymouth 5-Window Coupe.
• Jim Cowden for his 1967 Chevy Camaro.
• Francis Monahan for his 1963 Chevy Impala.
• Tommy Mack for his 1962 Chevy Impala.
• Brandon Griffin for his 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer.
• John Cookson for his 1930 Ford Model A.
• Charlie Reames for his 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra.
• Chris Simpson for his 2008 Nissan 35 Oz.
• Roger Howard for his 1931 Ford Victoria.
• Wayne Hatcher for his 1950 Mercury Coupe.
• Ducky Lawson for his 1967 Chevy Camaro.
• Jerry Campbell for his 2007 Chevy Silverado.
• Ricky Wood for his 1981 Chevy Malibu.
• Roger Turner for his 2015 Dodge Charger.
• Michael Tucker for his 1966 Chevy C-10.
• Richard Blackwood for his 1969 Chevy Chevelle SS.
• Maxie Burns for his 1974 Pontiac GTO.
• David Cater for his 2010 Dodge Challenger.
There were also two People’s Choice awards, one for Best Car and one for Best Truck.
Best Car went to Lloyd D. Brittain for his 1937 Ford Slantback.
Best Truck went to Butch Long for his 1972 Chevy Truck.
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.