UNION COUNTY — Some local students will be honored Tuesday as the winners of the Union County Solicitor’s Office Anti-Drug/Violent Poster Contest.
In a statement released this week, the Sixteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office announced that this is the second year that Solicitor Kevin Brackett has sponsored the contest which involves fifth students in the elementary schools of Union County. The press release states that the winning posters have been selected and will be printed on calendars that will be distributed for free throughout Union County this August.
The winners and the schools they attend are:
• Karen Gibson — Foster Park Elementary School
• Jasmine Humphries — Buffalo Elementary School
• Kaitlyn Cornelison — Buffalo Elementary School
• Madison Knox — Foster Park Elementary School
• Annie Wang — Foster Park Elementary School
• JaBryan Carter — Foster Park Elementary School
• Caley Ingle — Foster Park Elementary School
• Cortney Hicks — Foster Park Elementary School
• Payton Riley Burnett — Foster Park Elementary
• Shonta Wicks — Monarch Elementary School
• Gabriel Parker — Monarch Elementary School
• Kirsten Foster — Jonesville Elementary School
• Chloe Black — Lockhart Elementary School
The poster drawn by Karen Gibson will serve as the cover of the calendar.
An Awards Ceremony for the winners will be held Tuesday, May 17, at 4 p.m. at Kirby’s Cake Shoppe, 1222 South Duncan Bypass, Union.
The press release concludes by stating that “the Solicitor’s Office is very happy to be involved in this project that will bring awareness to others of the dangers of drug use, alcohol abuse and the effects of violence in our community.”
This story courtesy of the Sixteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office.