UNION COUNTY — Registration for 4-year-old kindergarten (4K) and 5-year-old kindergarten (5K) for the 2016-2017 school year in the Union County School District will take place in April and here’s what parents need to know to get their children signed up for school.
• To register for 4 year old kindergarten, children will need to be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2016.
• To register for 5 year old kindergarten, children will need to be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2016.
Dates And Locations
Registration will take place on the following dates at the following locations:
• Tuesday, April 19 — Buffalo Elementary School
• Wednesday, April 20 — Lockhart Elementary School (5K only), Jonesville Elementary School, and Foster Park Elementary School
• Thursday, April 21 — Monarch Elementary School
Lockhart Elementary School 4K may register at any location.
Registration will be held from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and from 1-6:30 p.m. at each school.
Academic screenings will be provided during registration. A screening takes approximately 45 minutes.
What To Bring
Parents should bring the following documents with them when registering their children:
• Your child’s official certificate of immunization (White Card).
• Your child’s Social Security card.
• Your child’s birth certificate with state seal.
• Proof of residence (tax receipt, power bill, etc.)
Immunizations are given by appointment only at the Union County Health Department. You may call 864-424-8004 to schedule an appointment. In Spartanburg visit the office of Vital Records, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
For more information about 4K and 5K registration contact the Union County School District Office of Instruction and Accountability at 864-429-1740.
This story was submitted by the Union County School District Office of Instruction and Accountability.