UNION — USC Union is pushing their 50th anniversary celebration back a few months because we are giving our campus a facelift!
Many phases of improvements are being made starting in February 2016 with landscaping, gazebo renovation, Student Center Courtyard, and Patron’s Park. USC main campus is handling the project work and using local contractors within a 20 mile radius when possible. The bids are open to local contractors if they are in the SCBO system. Phase I began in February and Phase II will begin middle of March.
Phase I will include:
• Pressure washing flat working entrances
• Mulching and edging all the beds
• Cleaning windows inside and out
• Cleaning all carpet areas, Truluck gym floor, auditorium stage, and wood flooring
• Heavy cleaning of all bathrooms
• Removing unhealthy trees and grinding stumps
• Planting 2 white oaks in front of the Main Building
• Awnings are being recovered and reinstalled with black canvas
• Curbing and sidewalk beside Truluck
Phase II will include:
• Renovation of the gazebo in front of Central Building
— Additional entrance/sidewalk
— Replacing the roof
— Fixing loose and old boards
• Window sash replacement in Central Building’s Community Room
The next few months architects and engineers will start work on Patron’s Park and the Student Center Courtyard which includes the $50 for 50 engraved bricks!
More information about the 50th celebration will be sent out via newspaper, our website, and social media later on in the year.
If you are interested in purchasing a $50 for 50 brick, please contact Annie Smith at 424-8055 or via email email@example.com.
The brick form is also located on the website http://uscunion.sc.edu/
This story was submitted by USC Union.