UNION COUNTY — The time to register children for 4 and 5 year old kindergarten will be here before you know it and the Union County School District is urging parents to be prepared for it.
In a statement announcing registration for the 2016-17 school year, Jackie Stewart-Good, Administrative Assistant & Truancy Liaison for the Union County Schools District Office, stated that:
• To register for 4 year old kindergarten, children will need to be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2016.
• To register for 5 year old kindergarten, children will need to be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2016.
Stewart-Good said that registration will be held on the following dates at the following schools:
• Tuesday, April 19 — Buffalo Elementary School
• Wednesday, April 20 — Lockhart (5K Only), Jonesville and Foster Park elementary schools
• Thursday, April 21 — Monarch Elementary School
Lockhart 4K may register at any other location.
Registration will be held from 8-11:30 a.m. and from 1:30-6:30 p.m. at each school.
Stewart-Good said that academic screenings will be provided during registration with the screenings taking approximately 45 minutes.
What To Bring
Stewart-Good said parents should bring the following documents with them when registering their child:
1. Your child’s official Certificate of Immunization (White Card)
2. Your child’s Social Security Card
3. Your child’s Birth Certificate with State Seal
4. Proof of residence (tax receipt, power bill, etc.)
Immunizations are given by appointment only at the Union County Health Department. You may call 864-424-8004 to schedule an appointment. Copies of birth certificates are available upon request.
This story was submitted by the Union County School District.