UNION — Persons interested in better serving God and improving their knowledge and understanding of His Word will have the opportunity to do so when the Believer’s Institute For Biblical Studies offers classes this January at Welcome Baptist Church.
The Believer’s Institute For Biblical Studies, PO Box 154, Pacolet, SC 29372, was founded in 1969 as a correspondence study under the direction of Dr. Edward McAbee. On March 6, 2000 the first on campus classes were held with a Bachelor of Biblical Studies degree being offered. In the winter semester of 2006, the Master of Biblical Studies program was opened for those who want to further their education.
For the past two years, the Institute, which originally held classes in Gaffney, has offered classes at Welcome Baptist Church, 206 Nichols Avenue, Union, and the Winter Semester begins January 4, 2016 at 6 p.m. The courses for Winter 2016 are:
• The Book of Jude
• Baptist Distinctives
• The Book of 2 Corinthians
• God Given Pastoral Authority (Teaching Module)
The following clergymen make up the Institute’s teaching staff:
• Dr. Robert Jarvis, Th.B., M.B.S., Th.D. (President), is a graduate of Trinity Baptist Bible College in Asheville, N.C. He earned his Master of Biblical Studies Degree from the Believer’s Institute for Biblical Studies and his Doctorate from Andersonville Theological Seminary. He studied two years in the Engineering program of the University of North Carolina in Asheville. He taught for four years at Calvary Baptist Bible Institute in Greenwood. He has pastored Welcome Baptist Church in Union, South Carolina since 1995.
• Dr. Edward McAbee, A.A., B.A., Th.M., Th.D., Lit.D. (Founder/President Emeritus), is a graduate of Gardner Webb College, Furman University, Luther Rice Seminary, and Trinity Seminary, and attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He also holds certificates from Moody Bible Institute of Chicago. He has been preaching since 1950 and started pastoring in 1954. He pastored Northside Baptist Church in Gaffney for over 50 years. He currently runs a web based ministry called Courage To Continue.
• Pastor Joey Wampler, B.A., M.B.S. (Instructor), is a graduate of Victory Baptist College in North Augusta, S.C., attended Fruitland Baptist Bible Institute, and has received his Master of Biblical Studies Degree from the Believer’s Institute for Biblical Studies. He served as Music Director of Northside Baptist Church in Gaffney under the direction of Dr. McAbee from 1999- 2003. He was pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Spartanburg, S.C. from 2003-2008. He now pastors Resurrection Baptist Church in Cowpens, S.C.
• Associate of Biblical Studies: This degree is granted upon the completion of 18 courses in the degree program. All requirements must be met for each course.
• Bachelor of Biblical Studies: This degree is granted upon the completion of 36 courses in the degree program. All requirements must be met for each course.
• Master of Biblical Studies: This degree is granted upon the successful completion of 54 courses in the degree program, the Standardized Bible Content Tests, and a 2,500 word thesis paper. All requirements for these must be met.
The school year consists of Winter, Spring, and Fall semesters. Classes are set up on a five year rotating schedule, therefore students who want to earn a degree may enroll in the institute at the beginning of any semester. Classes are held on Monday nights from 6-9:20 p.m. Each Monday night consists of three class periods, a break time with snacks, and a 30 minute chapel service. Students in the Associate’s and Bachelor’s degree programs are required to do one Teaching Module outside of class each semester. This Teaching Module counts as one course. Each Spring a graduation service will be held and degrees will be given to students who have met the requirements.
Come early for the first class in order to register.
For more information visit our website (www.bibsonline.org) or contact us through our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at the office of Welcome Baptist Church (864-427-3390).
This story was submitted by the Believer’s Institute For Biblical Studies.