Tuesday, Dec. 8
• Union County Council holds their regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room at the Union County Courthouse. The public is invited to attend and any persons requiring special assistance to attend should contact the Supervisor’s Office 48 hours prior to the meeting.
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall with finger food at 6 p.m. Wayne Willard will be providing the entertainment. Membership dues for 2016 will be collected.
Thursday, Dec. 10
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meet at 6 p.m. at Midway BBQ.
Saturday, Dec. 12
• The Union County Alzheimer’s Support Group will host the first countywide Alzheimer’s Walk which will begin at 11:30 a.m. in the Grace United Methodist Church parking lot. The walk will begin at the church and continue to the Union County Courthouse and back to Grace United Methodist Church.
Thursday, Dec. 17
• The Union Dixie Girls Softball Board Election will be held at 6 p.m. at the Union County Recreation Department.
Saturday, Dec. 19
• Betsy and Company along with Over The Hill Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. First pick up will be at the Jonesville Municipal Building at 8:15 a.m. Second pick up will be at the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 8:50 a.m.. This is our holiday outing, so come and be a part of a fantastic day. If interested contact Betsy at 864-674-6799 to reserve your seat.
• The Union County Booster Club will open the apparel trailer at the Union County Stadium from 2-4 p.m. for anyone wanting to purchase Christmas gifts.
Monday, Dec. 21 & Tuesday, Dec. 22
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will have a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, Dec. 21 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, Dec. 22 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Come by for some amazing deals and finish up that last minute Christmas shopping!
Union County Arts Council
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artist join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Monday Night Music — Looking for something new to do? Join us December 21 at 6:30 p.m. for a night full of local musical talent!
• Toddler Time — Friday, December 18, 10:30-11:30 a.m. will be all about the little ones! Any child 4 years old or younger, is invited to join us for a morning full of fun art exploration! Each child must have a parent in attendance. Cost is $10.
• Mini Monet — HO! HO ! HO! Merry Christmas! Join us Saturday, December 19, 9-11 a.m. The kids will be creating cookie plates for Santa and their very own Candy House! Space is limited! Register today! $15 member/ $20 nonmember
• Corky Canvas — Do you need a break from the Holiday craziness? Join us December 11! Brandi Ketterman will walk you through, step by step, how to create a mantle worthy piece of art! Call and reserve a spot! 6 p.m. $30 members/ $35 nonmembers.
Rotarian Mickey Connelly welcomed Randy “Chump” Hanvey to the Union Rotary Club meeting. Chump teaches “Gateway to Technology” at Sims Middle School. GTT focuses on teaching students how to use engineering skills thru design, modeling, automation, and robotics. The class starts students at the middle school age to prepare them for future opportunities out of high school.