Monday, Nov. 23
• The Union County Democratic Party meets at 5:45 p.m., 201 Porter Street. Open to the public.
• The Union County Sheriff’s Office will host Female-Only Self Defense Training from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Union County Recreation Department, located on Thomas Street, Union. The class is open to females ages 15 and up. Anyone interested in attending is asked to RSVP to Kim Bailey at (864) 466-3627 or email@example.com. The training is free!
• The Union County Board of School Trustees meets at 7 p.m. at Monarch Elementary School.
Tuesday, Nov. 24
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors will have their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry Street. Lunch will be provided.’
Saturday, Nov. 28
• The Union High School Class of 1985 holds their 30th reunion at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park. For more information please contact Howard Giles at 864-466-2090.
Saturday, Dec. 5
• The Jonesville Christmas Parade will be held at 3 p.m. Groups, clubs, churches, businesses, schools and others interested in being in the parade can contact Tracy at 864-673-9191 or Ronnie at 864-466-7293 or Betsy at 864-674-6799. Line up will be at 1 p.m. sharp at the old First Citizens Bank building on Pacolet Street.
• The Woodmen of the World Christmas Party will be held 6 p.m. at the Woodmen Park. Food will be furnished by the camp. Santa will be there, so bring a wrapped gift to go under the tree for your child. Please bring canned goods for the Salvation Army or donate money.
• The Union County Health Care Foundation will hold its first Christmas Gala at Veteran’s Memorial Park beginning at 7 p.m.
DJ Motown Bobby will be the entertainment for the evening. Hors d’oeuvres, dancing and auctions promise to make this an evening you will not want to miss! Auction items will include handcrafted Christmas decor, decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, etc.
A shuttle will be available from the parking lot to the door of the Lodge.
Tickets are $25 each and are on sale now! Drop by Union Medical Center for your tickets or call Greta Bailey at 864-301-2466 for other ticket locations or for more information about the event.
One hundred percent of the money raised from this event, as with all Foundation events, will go towards the Foundation’s continuing fundraising efforts to improve healthcare in Union County.
Thursday, Dec. 17
• The Union Dixie Girls Softball Board Election will be held at 6 p.m. at the Union County Recreation Department.
Monday, Dec. 21 & Tuesday, Dec. 22
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will have a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, Dec. 21 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, Dec. 22 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Come by for some amazing deals and finish up that last minute Christmas shopping!
Mrs. Princess Edwards, a member of Foster Park’s cafeteria staff, enjoyed serving a delicious Thanksgiving lunch to students.
Mrs. Gail Hubbard, cafeteria manager at Foster Park, wore a special “turkey” hat to celebrate during the school’s Thanksgiving lunch.