Thursday, Oct. 22
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 6 p.m. at the Rocky Creek Water Office, located on Pacolet Street.
If interested in being a part of the 2016 committee, feel free to join us.
For additional information contact Randy Spencer 426-2219 or Betsy Thompson 674-6799.
Saturday, Oct. 24
• The Old Buffalo Grammar/Elementary School Reunion will be held from 2-6 p.m. at the Buffalo Community Center — formerly the cafeteria of the old Buffalo School — located at 1505 Main Street, Buffalo.
The reunion is for those who attended or worked at the school, as well as the children of teachers in the decades between 1925 and 1985. Registration tables for each decade will be set up with photos and memorabilia on display. Everyone is encouraged to bring labeled items for display. Cookies and punch will be served.
Monday, Oct. 26
• The Union County Senior Citizens is planning for a New Year’s trip to Myrtle Beach.
Seniors interest in going please call 427-0936 or 487-0275 or 674-5070. Dates for the trip are Dec. 30, Dec. 31, and Jan. 1. Must be paid in full by Oct. 26.
• Delta Kappa Gamma meets at 4 p.m. at Jonesville Elementary School. All members are urged to attend. We will be painting canvas bags ($10) and/or holiday door hangers ($20) complete with a large bow.
• The Union County Democratic Party meets at 5:45 p.m., 201 Porter Street. The meeting is open to the public.
Tuesday, Oct. 27
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall with a covered dish meal at 6 p.m.
Catherine Varner and Harold Senn will be having the entertainment.
The New Year’s trip to Myrtle Beach payment is due.
Saturday, Nov. 7
• The 6th annual Carolina Christmas Shop will be held from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Union County Fairgrounds. Vendor spots are still available. For more information, call (803) 924-3413 or email CarolinaChristmasShop@gmail.com.
Saturday, Nov. 28
• The Union High School Class of 1985 holds their 30th reunion at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park. For more information please contact Howard Giles at 864-466-2090.
Sims Middle School proudly presents their Students of the Week. These students demonstrate outstanding character traits, positive attitudes and excellent behavior. Grade-level teachers from each team selected one student who exhibited those qualities, and students were recognized at school for their accomplishment.
Sixth grade Students of the Week at Sims Middle School are Amanda Millwood (Paw Team), Nina Newton (Gold Team) and Jay Rector (Purple Team).