Sunday, Oct. 4
• The family of Joseph Wylie Jolly and Mary Sephronia Chandler Jolly will hold a family reunion at 1 p.m. in the Tabernacle Baptist Church social hall. Please bring a well-filled basket. All family members are encourage to attend.
Monday, Oct. 5
• The Union County First Steps Partnership Board holds its regular meeting at 5:15 p.m. at the Union County Schools District Office Annex located at 120 Lakeside Drive in Union. The public is invited to attend.
Anyone wishing to attend that requires special assistance due to a disability is encouraged to contact Mrs. Catherine M. Childers, Executive Director at (864) 429-1740, Ext. 134 prior to the start of the meeting.
Tuesday, Oct. 6
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meets at 6 p.m. in the Parish Hall of the Church of the Nativity located at 320 South Church Street.
Light refreshments are served at 6 p.m. and the program begins at 6:30 p.m. David MacFawn, a SC Master Beekeeper, will present a program on Pollination.
In October, we are beginning our membership drive for 2016. Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend.
Sunday, Oct. 11
• The descendants of James Monroe and Myra Ellen Smith Lawson will their annual family reunion at Foster’s Chapel UM Church at 1 p.m. Paper products and ice will be provided. All family members are encouraged to attend.
• The Sims High Class of 1968 holds a business meeting at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at 1101 Union Boulevard. New officers will be elected at this time. Please come and vote. Bring your ideas on the 2016 reunion and fundraiser. All class members are asked to attend. We need your help. We are looking forward to seeing you there. Together we can make a difference.
Monday, Oct. 12-Saturday, Oct. 17
• The Union County Senior Citizens have extra seats for the Ohio Holmes Country Amish Tour. Six days, five nights. For more information call 427-8071 or 674-5070. Must call by Sept. 8.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
• One Hope Performing Arts launches an innovative youth program at 3:30 p.m. The NSPIRE program bridges youth to success through academics, acting, dance, music, poetry, and more. Register online at www.onehope.productions.or by appointment at One Hope Theatre inside Life Springs (formerly Union Square Cinemas).
For more information call 864-466-5428.
Saturday, Oct. 17
• Betsy and Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay for Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. First pick up is at the Jonesville Municipal Building at 8:15 a.m. Second pickup is in Union at the old Walmart parking lot at 8:50 am. If interested call Betsy at 864-674-6799.
Thursday, Oct. 22
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 6 p.m. at the Rocky Creek Water Office, located on Pacolet Street. If interested in being a part of the 2016 committee, feel free to join us.
For additional information contact Randy Spencer 426-2219 or Betsy Thompson 674-6799.
Monday, Oct. 26
• The Union County Senior Citizens is planning for a New Year’s trip to Myrtle Beach. Seniors interest in going please call 427-0936 or 487-0275 or 674-5070. Dates for the trip are Dec. 30, Dec. 31, and Jan. 1. Must be paid in full by Oct. 26.
The Monarch Elementary School Music Program is proud to announce its Chorus and Blue Steel Steel Drum Band members for the 2015-2016 school year. These students represent Monarch Elementary School across the upstate and within their community at various musical performances throughout the school year. Congratulations to the following students:
5th Grade Chorus
Emily Anthony, Zamaria Booker, Kalyn Casey, Morgan Catoe, Katlyn Clark, Madison Dinneen, Gracye Fergurson, Anna-Kate Hall, Aniyah Horne, Jamiyah Jones, Maryashlee Manus, Rebecca Shugart, Caroline Sinclair, Ayona Smith, Kiara Smith*.
* = member of both grade level ensembles
These students are under the direction of Mrs. Katherine Thrift-Winch.