November 14, 2013
Thursday, Nov. 14
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meets at 6 p.m. at Lisa’s on Main Street in Whitmire.
Monday, Nov. 18
• Bonham FCL Club meets at the Clemson Extension Building at 11 a.m.
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will have a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Find great Christmas gifts at affordable prices.
• “Monday Night Music” at the UCAC gallery on Main Street from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Any musician playing any type of music is invited to attend. Seats will be available for those who just want to listen. Free and open to the public. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Tuesday, Nov. 19
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will have a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby from 7 .m.-3 p.m. Find great Christmas gifts at affordable prices.
Wednesday, Nov. 20
• The Union County Senior Citizens will have its Holiday Meal at the Mon Aetna Baptist Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. Perry Sullivan from Taylor will be entertaining.
Thursday, Nov. 21
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 22
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will be holding their annual Fall Bake Sale in the hospital lobby beginning at 7 a.m. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund. Items available: Cakes, pies, homemade bread, canned items, breakfast items, and other sweets.
Sunday, Nov. 24
• The Friends of the Union County Carnegie Library will host a reception from 3-4 p.m. to honor Senator Harvey Peeler and Representative Mike Anthony for their hard work in securing $1.25 million in state funding to pay for library renovations to restore and preserve its historic beauty. Light refreshments will be served.
Saturday, Nov. 30
• The Lukesville Community Care Club will once again sponsor it’s annual trip to Salley, S.C. Trip details can be obtained by calling Melissa Brown at 426-8864 or Bennie Kershaw at 466-7302.
Tuesday, Dec. 3
• The Union County Beekeepers Association will have Christmas dinner at 7 p.m. in the Clemson Extension classroom. If you plan to attend, please call Jean Pennas at 864-426-6660 to order your meal.
Saturday, Dec. 7
• The Sims High School Classes of 1958 and 1959 will hold a reunion planning meeting at 2:30 p.m. at Andy’s.
Saturday, Dec. 14
• Betsy and Company presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino with 8:30 a.m. pickup at Jonesville Municipal Building and 9 a.m. pickup at the Old Walmart Parking Lot in Union. Proceeds go to the Relay for Life. If interested please call Betsy at 674-6799.
Sunday, Dec. 15
• The Sims High School Class of 1966 meets at the City of Union Municipal Building from 6-7 p.m. All members are asked to be present.
• “Painting With Coffee” meets from 10-a.m.-12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium may attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
• The Union County Arts Council will present the 2013 Local Artist’s Showcase beginning Nov. 12 and running through Jan. 3. All art and other items for display must be turned in at UCAC during the week of Nov. 4-8 (closed Wed.). UCAC will accept any type of art, crafts, woodworking, jewelry, etc. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Out & About can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Out & About, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.