- District to offer dual credit courses
- The meaning of Memorial Day
- Summer Fest at Carlisle Park June 4
- Dixie Girls tournament under way
- How to reshape your future
- BREC presents $5,000 to United Way
- Hatching chickens in class
- Learning to understand money
- Local students graduate from NGU
- Three graduate from Wofford
- Area students make Dean’s List
- Two make Newberry Dean’s List
- Johnson makes Harding Dean’s List
- Three graduate from The Citadel
- Area student on Bob Jones Dean’s List
- UCSD budget totals $27.8 million
- Moments, memories, and milestones
- ‘Memories of a Sandlapper’
- Grease fire causes $15,000 damage
- God bless the Class of 2016
- Meals on Wheels visits Rotary Club
- J.A.K.E.S. draws 300 children
- Top 50 winners at car show
- Feathering your family nest
- ‘ALLstar Park’ groundbreaking Tuesday
- Regent addresses NSDAR May meeting
- Hospice Home celebrates 10th anniversary
- General Sessions Court Report
- Crime Reports
- New name and new initiatives
- City approves $45.1 million budget
- Sixty attend reception for artist
- Mother/Daughter Tea a success
- Library Notes
- Union man sentenced in federal court
- Area 12 Athlete of the Year
- Harris sentenced to 15 years
- District bathroom policy unchanged
- Setbacks as an opportunity for comebacks
- YMCA director visits Civitans
- Accident victim identified
- J.A.K.E.S. event this morning
- Keep deer away from your lawn, garden
- The truth about hot peppers
- Gibbs to build $65 million facility
- Healing at the Memorial Tree
- Honored for years of service
- Skin Cancer Awareness Month
- Eddie Eagle visits FPES
- Area residents graduate from PTC
Local students graduate from NGU
TIGERVILLE — North Greenville University graduated the following local students on Thursday, May 5 in a record graduating class of 331.A baccala...
Three graduate from Wofford
SPARTANBURG — Three residents from the Union County area were among the more than 300 students to graduate from Wofford College earlier this mon...
Area students make Dean’s List
SPARTNBUY — The following Union County are residents are the among the Spartanburg Community College students who have earned dean’s list ...
Two make Newberry Dean’s List
NEWBERRY — Area students enrolled at Newberry College have made the Dean’s List for the Spring 2015 semester.Students named to the Newberr...
Johnson makes Harding Dean’s List
SEARCY, AR — Steven Johnson, Bible and preaching major at Harding University from Union is among more than 1,300 University students included on...
Three graduate from The Citadel
CHARLESTON — A Whitmire resident and two Union residents were among the nearly 600 cadets, active duty and veteran students to graduate from The...
J.A.K.E.S. draws 300 children
UNION — The weather may have kept attendance off a bit but a large crowd including approximately 300 children nevertheless turned out for a morn...
Top 50 winners at car show
UNION — The number of cars entered and on display may have been down because of the weather but that didn’t stop those attending Saturday&...
The making of a softball dynasty
The success of the Union County High School Softball program over the last three years has been fantastic to follow.The Lady Jackets have seemed nearl...
‘ALLstar Park’ groundbreaking Tuesday
UNION COUNTY — The process of building the “ALLstar Park” all-inclusive playground will get under way Tuesday at 7 p.m. with a groun...
J.A.K.E.S. event this morning
UNION — Children up to the age of 15 will have the opportunity this morning to take part in the annual J.A.K.E.S. Public Safety/Kids Fun Day at ...
Lady Jackets seeking three-peat
UNION COUNTY — The Lady Jackets softball players will look for a three-peat as they compete for the state softball championship for the third st...
Summer Fest at Carlisle Park June 4
Summer Fest At Carlisle ParkResidents of the Carlisle area are invited to come out and take part in the Summer Fest at Carlisle Park on Saturday, June...
Dixie Girls tournament under way
UNION COUNTY — After completion of the regular season, each of the Dixie Girls Softball divisions will compete for championships in tournament p...
How to reshape your future
SPARTANBURG — Losing weight can be a daunting task. Knowing what to eat and what’s best for your body can be confusing, and weight loss su...
BREC presents $5,000 to United Way
GAFFNEY — One good deed deserves another… and another.Many Broad River Electric Cooperative employees have been donating a portion of thei...
Hatching chickens in class
BUFFALO — Some students at Buffalo Elementary School got to learn a little bit about the cycle of life this semester by observing the incubation...
Learning to understand money
UNION — You’re never too young to learn about the realities of money and that’s what a summer program plans to teach children in the...
Thank you Union County
To All Union County:We were so overwhelmed with all the support, love and prayers sent up for my day, PFC Aubrey Dean Vaughn and his sacrifice. His si...
An amazing year for the band
I am the Band Director at Union County High School and we have done some amazing things so far this year!Our Band Program has been involved in so many...
More ways to deal with unbelief
1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,25 And they returned from searching of the land after forty days.26 And they went and came to Moses, and to Aa...
Thought Heidi Lou was a play
I really got tickled at Chuck, I mentioned to him the other day that someone got mad because they were not invited to go to the Town Hall to see Heidi...
Help prevent child abuse, neglect
Greetings! As we continue to course through 2016, I would like to stop and highlight an important topic and public health issue.Unfortunately, approxi...
‘Memories of a Sandlapper’
UNION — A sermon and the response it evoked from the congregation that heard it set the Rev. John Cribb on a path that has lead him to the Union...
Seniors to receive $25 in coupons
UNION — The Union County Council on Aging will distribute coupons enabling 400 low-income senior citizens to buy $25 worth of fresh produce from...
Land Transfers in Union County
UNION COUNTY — The Union County Clerk of Court’s Office recorded the following property transfers during the weeks of April 28-May 10:R...
Book & Gift Sale raises $15,000
UNION — The Union Medical Center Volunteers will use their 20 percent share of the $15,000 raised by their latest Book & Gift Sale fundraise...
More than $463 million in assets
UNION COUNTY — The first quarter of 2016 was a success for Arthur State Bank which reported more than $800,000 in earnings and assets in excess ...
Fighting the ‘Grey Tsunami’
UNION COUNTY — What does Carlisle Finishing have in common with Michelin and BMW?All three are among the companies that have joined forces with ...